Thoughts on a vegan diet and eczema...4 November 2018
A vegan diet and eczema can be related in a good way. I’m not a vegan, but I do eat 80-90% plant-based foods. I think it’s important to consider reducing our meat and dairy consumption, and I do find vegan recipes are often packed with healthy, delicious ingredients.
Eczema and diet
You don’t have to go full-on vegan, but reducing your meat and dairy consumption a little here and there can really help both your heath and the environment.
And before you worry, going vegan doesn’t mean eating bland, dull food. There are so many tasty recipes to try, including these delicious chocolate snacks.
My Vegan Cacao Bliss Ball recipe
- 15 medjool dates (pitted and soaked in water for a couple of hours)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup of gluten-free oats
Additional extra: desiccated coconut for decoration
- Put the dates, maple syrup and cacao powder into a food processor
- Blend until it looks like a chocolate caramel spread
- Add the oats and process all together
- Remove the dough-like mixture
- Using a teaspoon, spoon out the mixture and roll it into bite-size balls.
- Dip into the dessicated coconut
They are now ready to enjoy, or you can leave them in the fridge to cool and enjoy later!
So there you go delicious, nutritious, kind to the environment and a great way to enjoy a healthy treat!
Lots of love, Camille