Enjoy my raw raspberry cheesecake recipe16 September 2018
Hands up who loves cheesecake?! I’m a real dessert lover but I used to avoid them like crazy to prevent any eczema flare ups (boo). Until I realised you can make them totally free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar, like this one (yay!). This raw raspberry cheesecake recipe is vegan too, for extra health credentials, but be aware, it does contain nuts.
Raw raspberry cheesecake: a delicious healthy recipe
- 150g cashews (soaked for 6 hours/overnight)
- 100g walnuts (soaked for 6 hours/overnight)
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 320g cashew nuts (soaked for 6 hours/overnight)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 185g frozen raspberries
- 65g frozen cherries
- 60g coconut oil (melted)
- Desiccated coconut
- Extra raspberries/cherries
- Edible flowers (if in season)
- Pop all the base ingredients in a food processor and grind until everything starts sticking together. You don’t want this base to be super smooth, so chunky is great.
- Line a cake tin with cling film this makes it easier to pull the cheesecake out when it’s ready.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and press down firmly with your hands until it covers the entire base.
- Pop into the freezer to harden as you begin to make the filling.
Filling and decoration:
- Clean your food processor, then pour in the cashew nuts and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add all remaining ingredients and again, process until smooth.
- Pull out the base from the freezer once hardened and pour the raspberry filling on top and spread evenly.
- For decoration, add a few extra frozen raspberries and cherries and a sprinkle of desiccated coconut.
- Pop back into the freezer to set for a further 3 hours or until completely firm.
- Take out of the freezer, chop into slices and enjoy!
This recipe is great you can fool your loved ones into eating a very nutritious cheesecake full of healthy fats and anti-oxidants!
I’d love you to join my tribe. If you’re ready to start living a life beyond eczema, start your free membership today. You’ll get loads of tips and advice to help keep your skin healthy and glowing.
Lots of love and positive vibes, Camille xx