My party season skin health tips2 December 2018
Although most of us love the party season skin health can sometimes get forgotten. But with all the alcohol flowing, late nights and rich food, this is the time that eczema can really kick in. And of course, the last thing you want is a flare up right in the middle of the festive season. So sometimes the temptation starts to creep in that you’d be better off staying at home...
Stop! Okay, it’s fine to stay at home if that’s really what you feel like. But not if you think you have no option. There’s no reason at all you can’t be at your work do, getting into the Christmas spirit, but keeping your glow on at the same time.
Party season skin health: my tips
Here are my tactics to enjoy the party season without it taking its toll:
1. Drink lots of lemon water all day before you go out. This will help to cleanse your system and flush out toxins.
2. Have a glass of water in between alcoholic drinks. It’s the best way to pace yourself and keep yourself hydrated (and hangover free!)
3. Take a liver support supplement. I take a mixture of milk thistle and artichoke before and after drinking.
4. Don’t overdo it! Alcohol is so dehydrating which can really wreak havoc on your skin, so know your limits and stick to them.
5. Keep your drinks as pure as possible. Enjoy a good-quality glass of wine, gin and tonic or vodka, lime and soda. And steer clear of sugary cocktails.
6. Plan your parties. If everything comes all at once you can end up eating and drinking way too much of the wrong things for your skin, plus not getting enough sleep. Try not to go out too many nights in a row and make sure you catch up on your sleep in between times.
7. Schedule a pamper evening pre and post party. Giving yourself a little spa beforehand will make sure you’re looking great, and some relaxation afterwards will help you wind down.
As with all things eczema, it’s about listening to your body and not feeling pressured to go out, or stay in. Enjoy your party season on your own terms!
Lots of love, Camille xx